What are Chemical Peels?
drs skincare offers customized chemical peel treatments for many skin concerns, and to achieve overall enhancement and improvement in the condition and appearance of the skin. Due to the variety of treatment combinations and benefits that are available, we recommend that patients schedule a consultation to discuss their needs and goals. This allows us to conduct a professional evaluation to design an ideal treatment plan.
What types of Chemical Peels are available?
The product line we use for chemical peels are from Obagi ZO. One of the most versatile treatments we offer is the ZO 3-Step Stimulator Peel. This treatment may be recommended for melasma, fine lines, acne, large pores, roughness, and dullness. It is appropriate to be used on any skin type. Exfoliants, retinol, and other agents combine to achieve healthier skin and combat some of the bothersome signs of aging. This innovative treatment exfoliates dead skin cells and promotes cellular turnover. A patient will enjoy improvement in skin’s tone and texture, as well as a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also serves to unclog pores, which helps to prevent future breakouts, and it provides antioxidant protection, along with anti-irritant properties.
The Herbal Enzyme Peel promotes healthier skin with herbal enzymes. Using a gentle gel, the patient is prepared for treatment by removing any residue that exists on the skin’s surface. This allows increased benefits from the enzymatic extraction process of the peel. Skin-softening ingredients provide moisture and nourishment as benefits of this treatment.
Other products and treatments can be combined with chemical peels for enhanced results. Masques can be added to target more specific concerns, including:
- A Sulphur Masque Acne Treatment will absorb surface oils on the skin. This helps to reduce undesirable oiliness without over-drying, as well as to prevent clogged pores and breakouts.
- An Aloe Hydra Masque soothes the skin and promotes hydration. This botanical treatment reduces skin irritation, redness, and inflammation.
- A Skin Brightening Sheet Masque provides immediate skin brightening, along with moisturization and hydration. A combination of green tea extract, mulberry root extract, and arbutin provide a reduction in the appearance of hyperpigmentation, and promotes skin rejuvenation through healthy cell renewal.
We also offer the following peels in addition to those above:
- ZO Obagi: Ossential Stimulator Peel
- SkinCeuticals: Gel Peel
- Glycolic Peels: 35%, 50% & 70%
What to expect
Chemical peels are provided in a warm and relaxing setting by our qualified and experienced staff aesthetician. We invite you to schedule an appointment to discover how these and other services may deliver refreshing benefits with more evenness, smoothness, and brightness to your skin.