Age, sun exposure, environmental effects, and stress can affect your skin. Healthy skin can influence the way you look and feel. Following a proper skincare regimen can rejuvenate your skin and keep it looking healthy. For patients in Hamilton, Dr. Shukla and the drs skincare team offer microdermabrasion to exfoliate and smooth the skin. Microdermabrasion offers many benefits for the skin.
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a procedure designed to improve the look of your skin. Performed with a diamond-tipped wand or exfoliating crystals, the outer layer of the skin is exfoliated. This improves the texture and tone of the skin by revealing healthy, smooth skin. It improves the appearance of brown spots, dull skin, fine lines, acne, and age spots. Microdermabrasion is non-invasive and performed right in the office.
Skin benefits of microdermabrasion
Your skin is your largest organ. It is important to take care of it, protect it, and keep it healthy. At drs skincare, our experienced aestheticians utilize SilkPeel Dermalinfusion for microdermabrasion treatments. A small handpiece with a diamond tip performs extractions and exfoliates the skin. As this is done, pressure is also applied to infuse the skin with specifically chosen serums. During the 30-60-minute treatment, the skin is rejuvenated. With extractions, exfoliation, and infusions done simultaneously, you are receiving multiple facial benefits in a single treatment. Infusing serums as the skin is exfoliated allows the skin to absorb the active ingredients more fully and at a deeper level. Downtime is not needed. Multiple treatments produce optimal results.
Microdermabrasion treatments are an effective part of maintaining healthy, clear, youthful skin. A series of treatments produces visible results. Benefits of these treatments include the following:
- Non-invasive – Microdermabrasion does not involve needles, lasers, or surgery. The skin is not broken or abraded past the epidermis. Flaws on the surface are treated with this procedure.
- Painless – The treatment is comfortable. Patients have described a feeling of scratching or mild stinging. No anesthesia is needed.
- No downtime – You can resume normal activity and will not need a recovery period after this treatment. Following your microdermabrasion session, your skin will be pink. It may feel dry or as though you have a slight sunburn. Using a moisturizer will help soothe your skin and keep it hydrated. As always, wear sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Safe and effective – Under the guidance of your skincare professional, microdermabrasion is safe and effective. The team at drs skincare is trained and experienced at treating many skin conditions, and our professionals can tailor your treatment to your specific needs to help you achieve the healthy skin you deserve.
- Visible improvement – A series of sessions is often recommended to achieve optimal results in improved skin tone and texture. Periodic maintenance treatments may help keep your skin healthy.
- For all skin types – All skin types experience signs of aging. This may include hyperpigmentation, age spots, or fine lines. Microdermabrasion is an appropriate treatment for these skin concerns. Oily skin, acne, and acne scars may also be improved. Men and women can be treated with microdermabrasions.
- Customizable – At drs skincare, microdermabrasion treatments are tailored to each patient’s specific concerns.
- Multiple treatments in one – Treatment with SilkPeel Dermalinfusion combines exfoliation, extraction, and infusion into a single treatment. There are no gaps between the actions as there are with traditional facials. Patients get the full benefits of each movement as the skin is improved in texture, tone, volume, and hydration.
Microdermabrasion can be used alone or as part of a treatment plan with other cosmetic and skin care services to produce optimal clear, healthy skin. To learn more about microdermabrasion with SilkPeel Dermalinfusion and how to improve the health of your skin, contact the professional staff at drs skincare. Let us create a custom treatment plan for your skin.
Schedule your appointment today. Call (905) 524-1712.
Share this Article